Could not resolve source for the installation package (0x80070002)

• Roddy Gelberty

27 June 2020 at 7:54 pm

Hey Jess, From the log screenshot the you provided, I can see that you are using HTTP and not HTTPS; so it is not a SSL certificate or TLS issue. Can you please confirm the the “Allow Clients to connect anonymously” option is selected on the Distribution point assigned to the clients boundary group?

• Roddy Gelberty

27 June 2020 at 8:28 pm

Thanks for your response Luna. Yes Anonymous connection is enabled on the distribution point assigned to the Client. You are correct in your assumption that we do not use HTTPS.

• Topaz George

Organizer
    27 June 2020 at 8:37 pm

Jess, Try and update your distribution point. The version of the Package that you are distributing might be different from the version available in the Client assigned distribution point.
    The dependency checking algorithms in the SCCM task sequence will identify and report the absence of a referenced package or application. Still, it will not identify version mismatches before the task sequence begins.
    So, try updating content on the distribution point. If it is an SCCM application, delete historical revisions too.

• Roddy Gelberty

27 June 2020 at 8:58 pm

True. I’d definitely look at SCCM application revisions and version mismatches in the distribution point. Also, please check out our SCCM task sequence orchestrator which will check version mismatches before the SCCM task sequence deployment begins.
    https://sccmtspsi.com/sccmtspsi/

sccmtspsi

• Roddy Gelberty

28 June 2020 at 2:10 pm

Thanks @topaz-george . Redistributing the Package to the distribution points worked like a charm. Luna, I’ll setup SCCMTSPSI task sequence deployment orchestrator in my organisation. We’ve got multiple teams using SCCM; so the orchestrator might be of help within our organisation to isolate task sequence objects from other objects in SCCM.

• Topaz George

Organizer
    28 June 2020 at 2:41 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica. We are here to serve. Message us anytime for support. Marking this topic as fixed.
    Grinning

DCOM hardening issue.

This application fails to authenticate with WMI on the SCCM server because Microsoft has not yet hardened DCOM on their Windows Preinstallation Environment. We are working on a different approach, but it will only be released during the first quarter of 2024. But until that time, the only workaround will be to uninstall the update corresponding to KB5004442.